Vacancies and volunteering
Our vacancies include:
- Posts within the Church offices in Edinburgh advertised through its Central Services Committee
- Posts working overseas advertised through the World Mission Council
- Local posts employed by our parishes and presbyteries, which are funded locally, and not through any of the employing agencies of the Church
List of current vacant charges (20 Sep 2018)
All parish minister posts are included in the current vacant charges list. You must be an ordained minister of the Church of Scotland or graduate candidate to apply for any of these. Please contact the interim Moderator for each charge to apply.
Ministers of other denominations who may be interested in vacant charges must first contact the Ministries Council for information about admission to Church of Scotland ministry.
Filling a vacant charge - when a charge becomes vacant, an interim moderator and nominating committee are appointed to assist in finding a new minister. For more information and guidelines for both, visit resources for ministries.
The call to ministry - ministry within the Church of Scotland can take a variety of forms. For information on how you can answer a call to one of our ministries and about training and recruitment, visit Ministries in the Church.
Church of Scotland current vacancies
There are no vacancies directly through the Church of Scotland at this time, please check back at a later date.
The job description for the role is listed under each vacancy along with our application forms. Please complete both Application Form A and Application Form B and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and post (marked 'private and confidential') to Human Resources, Church of Scotland, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN.
Please note that the information you provide to us in your application will be processed in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice that can be accessed here. Your information will not be shared with any third parties and will be retained only for as long as required for the purposes of the application you have submitted. In the event that you wish to discuss our use of your information please email email@example.com.
Please save the forms to your device before filling them in and returning them to us. If you encounter any difficulties when editing them, please download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
There are no vacancies at this time.
Locally funded posts
The following posts are locally funded and interested parties should be in touch with the designated contact named for each of these posts and not the Ministries Council.
- Parish Church Ministerial Assistant - Inverkip Church Linked With Skelmorlie and Wemyss Bay
- Youth Ministry Development Worker - The United Reformed Church
- Music Coordinator - Cadzow Parish Church Hamilton
- Project Volunteer Coordinator - Cadzow Parish Church Hamilton
- Children and Family Worker - Morningside Parish Church
- Children and Families Worker - Selkirk Parish Church
- Children Family Worker's part time - Barnhill St Margaret's Church
- Youth Worker - Kirkliston Parish Church (application)
- Youth Worker - Kirkliston Parish Church
- Children and Families Worker - Kirkliston Parish Church (application)
- Children and Families Worker - Kirkliston Parish Church
- Youth Worker - Cults Parish Church
- Community Worker - Davidson's Mains Parish Church
- Children and Families Outreach Worker Ruchill Kelvinside Parish Church
- Facilities Coordinator Lochside Mission and Outreach
- Barclay Viewforth Church Children and Families Development Worker
- Youth and Family Outreach Worker - Linlithgow
There are no current vacancies working overseas at this time, please check back at a later date.
Ministries Council... be part of something different!
Following a review of ministry requirements to complement traditional parish ministry, The Church of Scotland is looking to recruit for a number of roles across Scotland. Visit the Ministries Council vacancies page to see which roles are currently open. The closing dates for posts are indicated on the individual job descriptions.
Vacancies within the social care agency of the Church, CrossReach, are advertised on its own website at www.crossreach.org.uk/vacancies
Contact for more information
For more information about these posts or to request an application pack to be forwarded to you, please email or phone, quoting the relevant reference number.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UK telephone number: 0131 240 2270
- International Telephone: +44 131 240 2270