Vacancies and volunteering
Our current vacancies
The job description for the role is listed under each vacancy along with our application forms. Please complete both Application Form A and Application Form B and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and post (marked 'private and confidential') to Human Resources, Church of Scotland, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN.
Please save the forms to your device before filling them in and returning them to us. If you encounter any difficulties when editing them, please download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
List of current vacant charges (23 Apr 2018)
Locally funded posts
The following posts are locally funded and interested parties should be in touch with the designated contact named for each of these posts and not the Ministries Council.
- Green Shoots Project Development Worker - Hope Park and Martyrs
- Children and Families Worker Cults Parish Church
- Director of Youth and Families Ministry Helensburgh Parish Church
- Youth Worker Cults Parish Church
- Presbytery Buildings Officer - Glasgow
- Youth and Children Worker Newhaven Church - Edinburgh
- Children and Family worker - Banchory Ternan East church
- Youth and Family Outreach Worker - Linlithgow
- Youth and Family Worker East Kilbride
Ministries Council... be part of something different!
Following a review of ministry requirements to complement traditional parish ministry, The Church of Scotland is looking to recruit for a number of roles across Scotland. Visit the Ministries Council vacancies page to see which roles are currently open. The closing dates for posts are indicated on the individual job descriptions.
About our vacancies
Our vacancies include:
- posts within the Church offices in Edinburgh advertised through its Central Services Committee
- posts working overseas advertised through the World Mission Council
- local posts employed by our parishes and presbyteries, which are funded locally, and not through any of the employing agencies of the Church
Vacancies within the social care agency of the Church, CrossReach, are advertised on its own website at www.crossreach.org.uk/vacancies
All parish minister posts are included in the current vacant charges list. You must be an ordained minister of the Church of Scotland or graduate candidate to apply for any of these. Please contact the interim Moderator for each charge to apply.
Ministers of other denominations who may be interested in vacant charges must first contact the Ministries Council for information about admission to Church of Scotland ministry.
Filling a vacant charge - when a charge becomes vacant, an interim moderator and nominating committee are appointed to assist in finding a new minister. For more information and guidelines for both, visit resources for ministries.
The call to ministry - ministry within the Church of Scotland can take a variety of forms. For information on how you can answer a call to one of our ministries and about training and recruitment, visit Ministries in the Church.
Contact for more information
For more information about these posts or to request an application pack to be forwarded to you, please email or phone, quoting the relevant reference number.
- Email: email@example.com
- UK telephone number: 0131 240 2270
- International Telephone: +44 131 240 2270