If you would like to volunteer your time and talents to the Church of Scotland, here are some of the ways you can do it. You can also help out in your local community, by contacting your local minister.
CrossReach is the Social Care Council of the Church, and there are several ways you can help the council to provide essential social care services. Our Christian ethos statement is at the heart of our organisation making a positive difference to the work we do:
Our motivation is rooted in our relationship with and faith in Jesus Christ. As recipients of His unconditional love and grace we desire to serve others in His name. His example is our model for all that we are and do. We strive to reflect Him as an organisation, in the services we offer and in our relationships with each other.
To find out more about CrossReach, visit their website at www.crossreach.org.uk
There are many ways you can get involved in making a difference globally with the World Mission Council. These include:
- making your voice heard in one of our campaigns for fairtrade and an end to poverty;
- encouraging your class, congregation or office involved in stamp recycling;
- developing relationships with other people in the world through our world church partnerships; and
- committing to one of the many exciting projects run by our partner churches
These agencies also send mission partners and volunteers abroad:
- Methodist Church
- Presbyterian Church in Ireland
- Church Mission Society
- United Society for the Propagation of the Gospel
- Challenges Worldwide
If you are doing medical training and considering spending your medical elective period in another country, you can find out more here about how to arrange this.