Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 130 years, it has established itself as the pre-eminent voice of the Church of Scotland. You can read more about its history here.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics and the arts. Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues, a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life, reviews of the latest books, videos and Christian resources, and regular features on the Church worldwide. Find out how to take out a subscription.
Life and Work is now available as a digital edition for computer, tablet and smartphone. Subscribe from £11.99 for six months or buy a single issue for £1.99 from www.lifeandwork.org
Current issue: 2018 August
- 70 Years of Walking Together
- Celebrating the 70th anniversary of the World Council of Churches.
- ‘I Feel Blessed to be Part of All This
- Interview with the BBC’s Hugh Pym, a Church of Scotland elder.
- Transforming Lives
- Recognition for CrossReach staff at their annual awards.
- The Churches and the Festival
- How Edinburgh’s churches are contributing to this year’s festival season.
- A Circle of Men
- The background to the Regnal League, an association of Christian men.
- Make Our Steps Count
- In her first column, the Rt Rev Susan Brown urges readers to walk with her during the year.
- A Truly Revolutionary Event
- Ron Ferguson pays tribute to the National Health Service.
- The Road Home
- The Very Rev Albert Bogle highlights the importance of a safe home – and the deeper impact of providing a home for others.
There is also a free Gaelic supplement available. You can read it in the Gaelic supplement section of the Life in Work website.
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email Life and Work at email@example.com
- Write to us at Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN,
- Telephone 0131 225 5722
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
Contact Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA
Telephone: 0141 204 2042
Fax: 0141 204 2043