Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 130 years, it has established itself as the voice of the Church of Scotland.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics and the arts.
Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues, a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life, reviews of the latest books, videos and Christian resources, and regular features on the Church worldwide.
Our subscription service offers you the convenience of having Life and Work magazine delivered direct to your door or any digital device; you can also arrange a gift subscription. Free Gaelic supplements are also available.
Current issue: February 2019
- South of the Border
- The Church of Scotland congregations in England and the Channel Islands.
- ‘Hope for a Change’
- Nuclear physicist Dr David Frame is a member of the Church’s World Mission Council. He talks science and faith, and hopes for peace on the Korean peninsula.
- Where Now for Fairtrade?
- As one of the highest-profile Fairtrade companies struggles, we ask what the future is for the movement.
- Challenges and Joys
- Young member Gemma King reflects on growing up in the Church of Scotland.
- Making Love Count
- In the month of romance, the Moderator highlights the importance of a life of love.
- Uncovering a Seam of Coal History
- An appeal for help in finding all Scotland’s mining memorials.
- The Real Cost of Christmas
- The Very Rev Dr John Chalmers describes how the poorest are paying the most for credit.
- A New Understanding of Friendship
- The Very Rev Albert Bogle reflects on the lessons of the ‘Cell Church Movement’.
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0131 225 5722
- Write: Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0141 204 2042
- Fax: 0141 204 2043
- Write: Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA