Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 140 years, it has established itself as the voice of the Church of Scotland.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics and the arts.
Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues, a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life, reviews of the latest books, videos and Christian resources, and regular features on the Church worldwide.
Our subscription service offers you the convenience of having Life and Work magazine delivered direct to your door or any digital device; you can also arrange a gift subscription. Free Gaelic supplements are also available.
Current issue: May 2019
- Biblical Animals
- As the humble donkey takes centre stage on Palm Sunday, Jackie Macadam focuses on the stories of the animals in the Bible.
- Parliament and the Church
- As the Scottish Parliament reaches its 20th anniversary, politicians and church officials remember the official opening in the Church of Scotland Assembly Hall
- General Assembly 2019
- Interview with the Moderator-Designate, the Rev Colin Sinclair Comment from the Rev Dr Doug Gay and the Very Rev Dr John Chalmers Reports and timetables Heart and Soul preview Prayer for the Assembly
- Christian Aid Week
- Interview with Christian Aid’s country manager for Sierra Leone, focus of this year’s appeal
- ‘One of the Success Stories of the Church’
- The 50th anniversary of the Housing and Loan Fund
- Called To Set An Example
- In the latest youth column, one of the Church’s youngest ministers reflects on his experience
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0131 225 5722
- Write: Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0141 204 2042
- Fax: 0141 204 2043
- Write: Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA