Art and Architecture resources
CARTA request form
CARTA Information Leaflets
A series of information pamphlets are available to download below. If you would prefer a hard copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Better lighting for churches
- Briefing the artist: Commissioning a new stained glass window
- Re-ordering church interiors: Space for a living church
- Church organs: Leading the music of the local church
- Church windows: Maintenance, protection, repair and replacement and commissioning
- Gifts and memorials: 20 Commemorative ideas
- Open church: Making access
- Sacramental Vessels: Heritage, Value, Care and Disposal
- Storage of sacramental vessels
- Introduction to the Scottish Stained Glass Symposium
- Getting the most from working with an architect
- History of CARTA to 2005
- Alterations during a vacancy
- Working with an architect: Getting the most from a partnership
- The setting of Presbyterian worship
- Church closure guidance notes
- Application for disposal of church furnishings
CARTA quick guides
- Access for all - This Access for All Quick Guide provides information on some of the issues you may have ensuring that your church is accessible to all.
- Audio visual - This Audio Visual Quick Guide has been produced for those considering an audio visual system.
- Church lighting - This Church Lighting Quick Guide has been provided to assist churches looking to make changes to their lighting.
- Organs and Musical Instruments - This Organs and Musical Instruments Quick Guide has been produced to provide information on the use of organs in churches.
- Reordering Church Interiors - This Reordering Church Interiors Quick Guide has been prepared to give information on making changes to Church interiors.
- Sacramental Vessels - This Sacramental Vessels Quick Guide provides advice on the disposal or storage of sacramental items.
- Storage of Sacramental Vessels - This Storage of Sacramental Vessels Quick Guide provides information on how communion ware can be stored safely.
- Dementia Friendly Church Buildings - This Quick Guide has been written by Professor June Andrews to help make your church building dementia friendly.