These resources are intended for schools and their chaplains.
- Primary School Resources
- Secondary School Resources
- Primary Assemblies
- Operation Noah: Drama, activities, poetry
- Fair Trade Show for Schools
- Links to helpful websites
- Bible cartoons on TV
The Religious Education Movement in Scotland (REMS)
REMS has designed a powerful new dedicated search engine for teachers and others involved in RME/RMPS. Use the Search or Advanced Search buttons to quickly find resources most suited to your pupils. Resources have already been peer reviewed and set in the context of Curriculum for Excellence experiences and outcomes.
Celtic Journeys - Scotland in the Age of the Saints
- This is a free to download school resource pack which can be used and adapted for both primary and secondary classes.
Liberton Kirk Project
- Download a study pack which has been produced based on Liberton Kirk and the surrounding area. The pack is for Curriculum for Excellence Level three and will be studied by Students in S1.
- Follow this pathway to find these free resources on Liberton High School’s Website: click on departments> RME/RMPS>Liberton Kirk materials.
Primary School Resources
These resources have been developed by the Church of Scotland for Learning Teaching Scotland. They are in the form of lesson plans which are designed to be adaptable for use in school assemblies and classrooms.
- Light Dispels Dark
- Storm and Calm
- Earth and Clay
- Masks, Rituals and Tribes
- The Wonder of Me
Secondary School Resources
- What Would You Sit Down For?
- Fuzzy Mirror
- Dunk This!
- You Choose
- Say a Prayer For Me
- The Memory Box
- Choose Wisely
- Growing Through Loss
- Be All You Can Be
These assemblies for primary schools written by Ken Coulter and Jen Robertson.
These resources are from Calderside Learning Community Chaplaincy Team. More information and how to buy them are available from their website at www.calderside.org.uk .
- Bubblegum 'n' Fluff Christmas Event for Primary 6
- The Easter Code:Can You Crack It? Easter Event for Primary 7
Operation Noah: Drama, activities, poetry
Operation Noah's website at www.operationnoah.org includes drama sketches, activities and poetry relating to climate change.
Fair Trade Show for Schools
This has been presented to school classes at the Royal Highland Show and to school assemblies. It is a fun, interactive way to give the message 'Buy local and buy fair trade'.
Links to helpful websites
The following websites have been recommended by ministers and have lots of useful ideas for school assemblies. (The Church takes no responsibility for the content of external websites.)
- The assemblies website www.assemblies.org.uk
- Children's Talks and Sermonswww.funandgames.org
- Talks to Children http://talks2children.itsforministry.org
- Learning and Teaching Scotland www.ltscotland.org.uk
- Christian Aid learn.christianaid.org.uk/
Bible Cartoons on TV
Friends and Heroes is an animated action adventure series for children 4-12 which includes Bible Stories in every episode. It was broadcast on BBC2 recently and is an excellent RE resource which many will find helpful in their schools' work. We will let you know when future series are to be broadcast. It is available on DVD. Find out more from this website: Friends and Heroes