Learning and resources
The Go For It Team co-ordinate information, networking opportunities and training events, to assist projects in receipt of Go For It funding, and potential applicants.
Go For It have developed three "games" - engagement tools, which can be used as discussion starters with those involved in your project:
- Go For It Games - Guidelines
- Go For It Game 1 – The Journey
- Go For It Game 2 – Exploring Needs
- Wild Card Vehicles (for use with Game 2)
- Go For It Game 3 - Exploring Context (for new ecclesial work)
- Wild Card Vehicles (for use with Game 3)
In addition, Appreciative Inquiry is a method of engagement that can be used to discover the strengths and potential in local people and the surrounding community. Download an Introductory Guide.
You may also want to access statistics to evidence the needs in your area; examples include the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation, Parish Statistics (produced by Stats for Mission) and Health Conditions Data by Parish and Presbytery (please note that the modelling required to fit the data areas to parishes means that the health conditions data for small parishes may not be particularly accurate).
Go For It have produced four resources to support the development of your project:
- Go For It toolkit
- Methods of Continual Professional Development
- Other sources of funding
- Other sources of training
Employing paid staff
We have commissioned the Employers' Advice Service at GCVS (Glasgow Council for the Voluntary Sector) to produce briefings with advice on different aspects of employment:
The Go For It Team have collated some information on salaries, pensions and National Insurance.
The Church of Scotland Law Department also produce many helpful circulars on employment.
Learning and training events
The Go For It Team co-ordinates an annual programme of free events. Booking opens at least six weeks prior to each event.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers training workshop, Perth, 7.3.17
- Mission and leadership development training course, Edinburgh, 14 &15 March 2017
- Outcomes and indicators training workshop, Edinburgh, 30.3.17
For more information, please contact the Go For It Team via phone (0131 225 5722) or email.