Stories of Encounter
Behind the theme of this new volume in the popular annual Pray Now series, is the belief that everyone has a story to tell, no matter what age or stage of life they are at, and that in worship we weave our stories into the bigger story of God.
Our stories are shaped by encounters with other people, with the physical world, with the variety of our own experiences and emotions, and with God.
This dynamic collection of newly written prayers, meditations and blessings will be a welcome aid for worship, for small group devotions and for personal discipleship.
More than seventy short sections, each containing a scripture quotation, prayers for morning and evening, a short meditation, suggested scripture readings and a blessing, explore a rich variety of encounters:
- Between Jesus and others in the Gospels - disciples, women, the young, the old, critics, enemies
- The people we encounter - friends, neighbours, colleagues, family, strangers, the hostile
- Encounters with the physical world - animals, weather, traffic jams, crowded cities, empty spaces
- Encounters with ourselves - success, disaster, loneliness, identity, hope, fear, mystery and more
- Encounters with God in prayer - how Christians across the centuries, including Julian of Norwich, St Benedict, Martin Luther, Wesley, C S Lewis and others understood and practiced prayer.
How to order
Special launch price of £7.50 when you order before the 31st of January 2018 using the promo code: SOE2017
Pray Now is produced each year by the Office of the Resourcing Worship team, part of the Mission and Discipleship Council. It is published on its behalf by Saint Andrew Press, the Church's publishing house.
Pray Now can be purchased in hard copy, or Kindle version from the St Andrew Press website.