Safe(r) Churches: Violence Against Women and the Role of the Church
Practical and cultural awareness raising training on the role of the Church in tackling violence against women and girls.
About this event
The Church of Scotland's Violence Against Women Task Group Integrity supports the national Church to tackle violence against women and girls.
With the support of a specialist in this field, Integrity has developed a tried and tested training to equip a variety of individuals within the Church to:
- Understand the definition and examples of Gender Based Violence and Violence against Women and Girls and their prevalence
- Explore how gender inequality is connected to Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG)
- Explore one form of violation: Street Harassment
- Reflect on the role of the Church and your church in recognising and preventing violence
- Offer guidance for conversations where a person tells you an experience of violence against women or sexism
- Become aware of support organisations
Date and time
Thursday 20 January 2022, 10am to 12.30pm
How to take part
Please register online via Eventbrite.