Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 140 years, it has established itself as the voice of the Church of Scotland.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum, from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics, and the arts.
Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues; a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life; reviews of the latest books, videos, and Christian resources; and regular features on the Church worldwide.
Our subscription service offers you the convenience of having Life and Work magazine delivered direct to your door or any digital device; you can also arrange a gift subscription. Free Gaelic supplements are also available.
Current issue: January 2020
- SRT Milestone
- The past and future of the Church of Scotland Science, Religion and Technology Project, which marks its 50th anniversary this year
- 50 Years on from Biafra
- Jackie Macadam learns about the key role played by the Church in the short-lived African republic.
- ‘We Have a Huge Role to Play’
- Introducing the new Chief Officer of the Church of Scotland
- Archbishop of York Interview
- John Sentamu discusses his new book, social justice, and his love for Scotland
- A Unique Place
- How recruitment to the Royal Naval Chaplaincy has changed
- Remembrance 2019
- A gallery of poppy displays from across Scotland
- Sowing the Seeds of Faith
- In the latest youth column, the mother of a toddler thanks her congregation for the love they have shown her family
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0131 225 5722
- Write: Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0141 204 2042
- Fax: 0141 204 2043
- Write: Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA