Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 140 years, it has established itself as the voice of the Church of Scotland.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum, from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics, and the arts.
Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues; a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life; reviews of the latest books, videos, and Christian resources; and regular features on the Church worldwide.
Our subscription service offers you the convenience of having Life and Work magazine delivered direct to your door or any digital device; you can also arrange a gift subscription. Free Gaelic supplements are also available.
Current issue: February 2020
- New Partnerships
- Jackie Macadam learns about the successes and hurdles faced by uniting or linking parishes
- Run With Patience
- The life and faith of ultramarathon runner Dr Mark Calder
- No Time to Waste
- In the first in a series of columns marking the 50th anniversary of the Church of Scotland’s SRT (Society, Religion and Technology), Dr John Francis reflects on nuclear energy and weapons
- A Medieval Church Court
- Andrew Stevenson reports on a unique church court in the Channel Islands
- A Spirit of Generosity
- David Lynch reflects on the recent journey of stewardship in the Church of Scotland and the advance of new technology
- The Church of Veere
- Anne-Mary Paterson reflects on the history and legacy of the first overseas Church of Scotland
- Be the Change You Want to See
- In this month’s youth column, Matthew Macneil traces his faith journey, and his role in the Awakening Youth conference in Lewis
- Everything Has to Go
- Continuing his focus on 1 Thessalonians, the Rev Dr Martin Fair explains why there needs to be a turning away from one thing to another
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0131 225 5722
- Write: Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0141 204 2042
- Fax: 0141 204 2043
- Write: Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA