These reflections can help you with anything from answering questions about your faith to exploring the meaning of communion.
What can I say?
This resource includes some brief responses to things that people say about Christianity. It is produced by "Why Believe?", an interdominational group of Christians.
Future Focus: a way forward for congregations
Future Focus is a facilitated resource. General information is available to download below, but to request a facilitator please contact email@example.com or the Church Offices in Edinburgh.
People share some thoughts from their own experience and perspectives on aspects of Holy Communion which have contributed to the understanding of the Task Group on Worship and Doctrine. The ideas here are offered to promote thought and understanding of an important aspect of our worship life together.
- Holy Communion and the Renewal of the Church by Rev Peter Donald
- Intercessions and More by Rev Peter Donald
- The Tradition of the Lord's Supper by Rev Peter Donald
- A reflection: on the implications for the celebrant and community when children are present at Communion By Rev Roddy Hamilton
- Narrative of the Institution by Rev Roddy Hamilton
- Not Sedatives but Steroids by Rev Laurence Whitley
Holy Communion Symposium Speeches
- Communion: Beyond Common Order by Rev Roddy Hamilton
- In this Sacrament the whole of what our religion means is expressed by Rev Alan Falconer
- We will take what you offer: Communion as a Counter-Cultural Act by Rev Muriel Pearson
Cairngorms Christian Centre, Kincraig
The Church owns an outdoor centre in Speyside which is ideal for retreats and for youth group weekends. Opened in 1976, it has been operated since April 2007 by a group of Christians from local congregations. Full details can be found at www.cairngormschristiancentre.co.uk, and enquiries regarding bookings can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01540 651373.
For resources about social issues, education, climate change, and other resources about political and ethical issues, visit the Our Views section.