What's our purpose?
The Priority Areas Committee is one of the main areas of the Faith Nuture Forum. It is responsible for the support, development and co-ordination of the Church's work within its poorest communities.
Priority for the poorest and the most marginalised is the gospel imperative facing the whole Church, not just the Church in the poorest places.
A reinvigorated and sustainable worshipping people and community life in all priority area parishes.
We are committed to creating a Church in Priority Areas which:
- Is indivisible from its local community, seeking to work with local people
- Sees local people as gifted, creative, resilient leaders
- Reaches out and stands with people in their most difficult situations
- Uses all ways possible to live the Gospel
- Seeks to be a family of church communities and encompasses the widest range of theology
- Is intolerant of and becomes prophetic about injustice