Love never ends
Get involved with the Church in China
Whatever your understanding, experience or available time, the ideas below can help you to engage with the church in China.
- Allocate one Sunday this year to focus on China using the WMC service materials
- Sing the new hymn "Love never ends"
- Pray for: the China Christian Council (CCC), Amity Foundation
- The year with China worship resource
- £300 will provide a grant to people living with HIV to start a small business
- Bake and sell biscuits to raise funds for the Amity Bakery project
- Give your time to volunteer with the Amity Foundation in a variety of situations and get deep insights in a relatively short space of time
- Wild Swans by Jung Chang
- River of Smoke by Amitar Ghosh
- The Flying Scotsman: The Eric Liddell Story by Sally Magnusson
- Running the Race: Eric Liddell Olympic Champion and Missionary by John W Keddie
- Unfinished Encounter: China and Christianity by Bob Whyte
- A New History of Christianity in China by Daniel H. Bays
- A History of Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years by Diarmaid MacCulloch
- Jesus in Beijing: How Christianity Is Transforming China and Changing the Global Balance of Power by David Aikman
- The Opium War: Drugs, Dreams and the Making of China by Julia Lovell
- Take part in Amnesty International letter writing campaigns to advocate for Chinese Christians detained and imprisoned
- Learn to write 'Love Never Ends' in Chinese calligraphy
- Go on a study visit to China organised by the Friends of Church in China and Amity Foundation
- Try an "Easter Tour" organised by the Amity Foundation, in cooperation with the China Christian Council (CCC), and meet with local Christians
- Meet Chinese students studying in Scotland through Friends International activities
- Invite WMC members or returned Amity volunteers to visit your congregation to share their experiences
- Encourage your Sunday School to use the WMC China Resource pack
- Use the Scottish Churches' China Group Education Pack for use in schools
- Use the China Online Study Centre resources for teachers, schools and churches
- Films: "Not One Less"; "Beijing Bicycle"; "To Live"
- TV: "Chinese School" "Wild China"; "Learning Chinese", "Modern China"