Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 140 years, it has established itself as the voice of the Church of Scotland.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics and the arts.
Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues, a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life, reviews of the latest books, videos and Christian resources, and regular features on the Church worldwide.
Our subscription service offers you the convenience of having Life and Work magazine delivered direct to your door or any digital device; you can also arrange a gift subscription. Free Gaelic supplements are also available.
Current issue: August 2019
- Opening the Heart
- TA series of articles relating experiences of going on retreat
- Opening the Heart
- A series of articles relating experiences of going on retreat
- Making Change
- Interview with Fiona Buchanan of Christian Aid Scotland, Church elder and lifelong campaigner for climate and gender justice
- Removing Barriers
- An innovative partnership between CrossReach and the Prince’s Trust, helping young people access careers in care
- The Disinvestment Debate
- First in a two-part series exploring the argument for disinvestment from fossil fuels
- Interim and Transition Ministry: A Beginner’s Guide
- A group of experienced ministers offer their collective guide to this area of vocation
- A Common Voice
- The Work of the World Association for Christian Communication
- Revival Conference
- The Rev Tommy MacNeil reports on a successful conference marking the 70th anniversary of the Lewis Revival
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0131 225 5722
- Write: Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0141 204 2042
- Fax: 0141 204 2043
- Write: Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA