The Church of Scotland Yearbook
The Church of Scotland Yearbook (known informally as the Red Book because of its red binding) is a collection of statistical data published annually by the Church of Scotland.
It contains contact information for every minister, as well as contact details for the church offices, clerks, and general personnel.
It also contains congregational statistics for every parish in the Church of Scotland, and gives the following information:
- Number of communicants
- Number of elders
- Membership numbers of the Church of Scotland Guild
- Parish's income
- Number of young people (under the age of eighteen)
The greater part of the book is in a print edition with the rest of the material found on a number of websites, mainly that of the Church of Scotland. Web addresses are given in the relevant parts of the book.
Where the user of the book is directed to this page on the Church of Scotland's website, the relevant sections are found below, given in the order of the book.
Sections not included in the print edition
- Corrections to Yearbook 2016-17
- Section 2.4: Recent Lord High Commissioners to the General Assembly
- Section 2.5: Recent Moderators of the General Assembly
- Section 3A: The Minister and Baptism
- Section 3B: The Minister and Marriage
- Section 3C: Conduct of Marriage Services (Code of Good Practice)
- Section 3D: Marriage and Civil Partnership (Scotland) Act 2014
- Section 3E: Conduct of Funeral Services: Fees
- Section 3F: Pulpit Supply Fees and Expenses
- Section 6-K: Overseas Resigned and Retired Mission Partners
- Section 6-L: Chaplains, Full-time Workplace
- Section 6-M: Chaplains, Prison
- Section 6-N: Chaplains, University
- Section 6-O: Representatives on Council Education Committees
- Section 6-P: Retired Lay Agents
- Section 6-Q: Ministers Ordained for Sixty Years or Upwards
- Section 7: Legal Names and Scottish Charity Numbers for Individual Congregations
- Section 8: Church Buildings: Ordnance Survey National Grid References
- Section 9: Discontinued Parish and Congregational Names